Ten things I have learned and re-learned this week:
1. It feels great to donate items at a church rummage sale. Beyond great.
2. One can fit a lot of stuff into a Subaru with no kids in the back.
3. If you are a mother and you leave the house for less than 2 hours...say to go to a church... you might return to find that everything has gone to utter hell in your absence even though you set everyone up for success.
4. Even though things have gone to hell, you can still feel happy and smug about getting all those old toys out of the house with nobody noticing and grabbing stuff back out of the boxes!
5. Even though there is a lot of crying, blood and saliva, things may be happening as they should.
6. I can pull a hanging-by-a-thread tooth out of a distraught child's mouth and my husband can't. ( Note: DH read this and said he could pull a tooth...but wouldn't...which turns out to be almost the same IMHO)
7. Sometimes roosters lead a feeding frenzy, eating eggs that young hens have laid on the coop floor. And it is an ugly scene to observe.
8. Hens don't seem to relax when living with a rooster.
9. I like acoustic guitars way more than electric guitars. Especially when they are in my living room and the player is doing Smoke on the Water.
10. I feel great being off of wheat products!!!!!
11. My 13 year old has a size 13 foot.
12. I love snickers bars but I get blue and feel off when I eat stuff like that.
13. I was 13 when I started smoking. Holy Crap that is awful.